These little snowballs will be a hit at any Christmas Party. Perfect for make ahead food gifts. Makes around 2 dozen cookies. The more you roll them in the powdered sugar the bigger the snowball! Have Fun!
- 2 sticks of butter, unsalted, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- With electric mixer beat butter until creamy and add ½ cup of powdered sugar, vanilla and coconut extract. Beat until well combined.
- Add flour, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt. Beat until combined. Stir in coconut.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- In medium bowl, place remaining powdered sugar and roll warm cookies in powdered sugar. Coat well. Cool completely and again roll cookies in powdered sugar for double coating.